National Opera House - Your Unique Conference & Events Venue
Our world-class team are on hand to help you with your event. Our team who work year round bringing international and world-class events to life in the National Opera House are on hand with expert advice and expertise.
Unique Venue Spaces & Meeting Rooms
AUDITORIUM OF THE NATIONAL OPERA HOUSE - O'REILLY THEATRE
Perfect for conferences, award-ceremonies, seminars
The main auditorium of the National Opera House has a seating capacity of 855 seats theatre style. Home to the world famous Wexford Festival Opera, the award-winning auditorium is an impressive and inspiring space for event organisers, speakers and participants.
The auditorium layout is a stall and two tiers arrangement and the highlight of the auditorium, visually, is the American Black Walnut lining. It is acoustically designed to require no amplification.
The auditorium is available for exclusive hire and include break-out rooms, bar and dining facilities, cloakroom, toilets, wi-fi and technical support.
- Unique conference facilities for up to 855 delegates theatre style.
- Mid-size space for up to 172 theatre style.
- Dedicated ultra fast 150MB fibre optic broadband connection, available throughout the National Opera House via our Cisco wireless solution.
- All breakout rooms have plasma screens, network access points and wireless connectivit.
- Numerous meeting rooms and smaller areas in the building suitable for breakout meetings and sessions.
- Two large bars, two smaller bars and ample foyer space.
- Café/restaurant and catering facilities on site.
- Fully functioning stages with full production, lighting and sound facilities.
- Private backstage tours available for delegates.
BLACKBOX THEATRE - THE JEROME HYNES THEATRE
For a more intimate space, The Jerome Hynes Theatre is a black box theatre that offers great versatility. The total seating capacity of this theatre is 172, and the seats are retractable (excluding a small number in the balcony).
The Jerome Hynes Theatre is available for exclusive hire and include break-out rooms, bar and dining facilities, cloakroom, toilets, wi-fi and techical support.
Relax in one of the National Opera House bars, serving a range of wines, spirits, champagnes and minerals, as well as tea, coffee and refreshments. Pre-order your drinks/refreshments at any of our bars to save time and enjoy your refreshments without rushing.
VIP rooms are available for hire during any National Opera House performance for private hospitality events. Enjoy your own private interval reception in the National Opera House ‘Founders’ Room, with full bar facilities. Open bar facilities can be arranged with settlement post performance for any group of 10 +.
To make an enquiry please contact Aisling White on firstname.lastname@example.org or call Direct on: +353 53 9163526
PREVIOUS CORPORATE EVENTS AT THE NATIONAL OPERA HOUSE
We hosted the annual Theatre Forum Conference, the national representative organization for theatre and opera companies and venues , in 2009 and again in 2010 with approximately 350-400 delegates attending.
The Environment Research Centre of Teagasc based in Johnstown Castle, hosted the 17th International Nitrogen Workshop in Wexford Opera House in 2012, with approximately 300 in attendance.
Sinn Fein Ard Fheis
The Sinn Fein Ard Fheis was held in February 2014 and welcomed approximately 1,200 delegates over the period of the two day conference, making full use of the main auditorium, black box theatre, and all other side-bar meeting rooms. The conference key-note speech was broadcast live by both RTE and BBC.
The international event Techovate took place in 2012 and hosted global digital brands including Facebook and Google. And featured full wi-fi and online connectivity. We welcomed approximately 400 delegates.
In 2012 we hosted Salesforce.com in the Jerome Hynes Theatre with key members of their international team with over 140 delegates.
The 2013 Wexford Opera House hosted the annual conference of Opera Europa, the international representative organization for all opera companies and opera houses throughout Europe and beyond. The 300 plus international opera professionals came from across Europe, the US and further afield to the annual conference that had never been held before in Ireland.
VIEW PAST EVENTS GALLERY HERE.
WHAT WEXFORD HAS TO OFFER
- Located by the sea. The National Opera House has stunning views across Wexford Harbour.
- Accommodation (606 bedrooms) – Wide range of accommodation in Wexford, including The Ferrycarrig Hotel, Whites of Wexford and The Talbot Hotel. Click here for accommodation.
- Food - Wexford is famous for locally and organically produced with many award-winning restaurants.
- Ease of Access – Travel from Dublin is less than 2 hours. Wexford also has excellent road, rail and ferry links. Click here for how to get here.
- Excellent Location – Ideal seaside location for your conference or event.
- Things to Do – Our town centre location and proximity to the coast enables a varied programme of things to do. Click here for more information