O' Reilly Theatre
The main auditorium of the National Opera House has a seating capacity of 771 (Using 2 Forestages/Full Pit – 6m advance), 827 Seats (Using 1 Forestage – 3m advance) and 855 seats (Full capaciy – no Forestages). The auditorium layout is a stall and two tiers arrangement. The highlight of the auditorium, visually, is the American Black Walnut lining.
Jerome Hynes Theatre
For a more intimate space, the Jerome Hynes Theatre is a black box theatre that offers great versatility. The total seating capacity of this theatre is 172, and the seats are retractable (excluding a small number in the balcony).
- Additional, smaller areas in the building suitable for small recitals, readings or lectures.
- Two large bars, three smaller bars and ample foyer space.
- Green Room area for the cast to relax with tea/coffee making facilities, fridge/microwave/dishwasher.
- O’Reilly Theatre acoustically designed to require no amplification. Classical music, dramas, opera and lectures have been performed on the Wexford Opera House stage without amplification.
- Dual Orchestra Pit lift enabling a larger stage when lifted, an orchestra pit when lowered, or a small stage enclosed within the auditorium for smaller productions.
Get in Touch
Contact Aisling White
+353 (0)53 9163526